Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring sprung

I hate the past tense of spring (not the seasons, the verb). Sprung sounds like the goop that gets on your shoe after you step on a squishy mushroom. Or some sort of mold that keeps growing on my shower curtain. Anywho.

It's Tuesday, so I am here with Mademoiselle Dinosaur for the day. I only have two more weeks of babysitting her, so I'm sad that I won't get to see her as much when this program starts. She is laying down right now, but I don't think she's asleep because she keeps saying "chat," which is french for cat. I wonder if she is going to grow up to be a cat lady?

Well, this weekend was a bit different. My lovelyface cousin was in town, and we went out with some friends on Friday night. I drank faaaaar too much and paid dearly to the toilet gods. At least I didn't have much of a hangover the next day. Saturday and Sunday I just hung out and lounged around. I bought two books to read before I have all my free time snatched away, Little Women and Blink. I read Little Women a looong time ago, but it's just such a great book that I wanted to get back into it. I love Malcolm Gladwell, and I've already read Outliers.

Boyfriend and I had a bit of a fight on Sunday, but everything was resolved when he got home later that day. Learning to fight fairly is always a hard task when the other one pisses you off. Luckily Boyfriend is understanding and we just talked it out.

I'm still obsessed with being engaged. I can sit and argue in my psyche for hours over this, honestly. Logically, I know that it's a stupid over-hyped ritual that drains money out of Boyfriends pockets for a ridiculous ring. Logically, I don't need to go through the process of being engaged right now, because I will get distracted from school work trying to plan the wedding. Logically, I am still too young to be getting married. However, emotionally, I want this so badly. I want that commitment from him, and I want to be able to say, "I'm engaged." So yeah, if only my emotional "intuitive feeler" side would be suppressed, I could give it up. It just gets harder every time someone refers to me as Mrs. Boyfriend. I know he wants to surprise me with it and everything, but damn, getting engaged in a freaking castle in France is beyond cool. Ok, fuck, I'll shut up about this already. Stupid Disney princess movies brainwashing little girls... pfffft.

Twelve more days until I start this new quarter. It's going to be different, and hopefully I will really like my teachers. The way it works at my school for the RT program is like this: 1. You get accepted into the school and start taking prerequisite classes such as AP 1&2, Micro, Physics, Algebra/Pre-calc, English etc. 2. You submit application for the program. It's a first come, first serve basis, and you need at least a 2.5 GPA to get in. 3. You get accepted, and wait for the spring quarter for the start of your second year (which took FOREVER for me because I had 6 months to kill after being officially accepted).

The RT program has two classrooms (I think) in the Health Science building. I'm kind of excited to move from the main classroom building where I had the prereqs, to the HS building. It just seems more exclusive, and plus I get to wear scrubs all the time. The first quarter will be all didactic, and then in the summer I'll start clinicals. Hopefully I'll be placed at Emory, but that's only if I'm a really top notch student... I suppose it's up to my teachers to place us.

Weeeell. I need to get the dinosaur up for some lunch-a-munch. Maybe I'll have some more coffee if I'm feelin all craaaazy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment