Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Last week

This week is my last with the little dinosaur. She was reaaaally cute when I came in this morning. I wonder if she will still like me even after I stop babysitting her. I hope so...

Anyway. I didn't write much yesterday, just that little blurb on health care reform. I know I did piss some people off on facebook, but seriously I take this stance: I win, you lose. The republicans had eight years to fuck things up, and they did. I think a healthy nation is way more important than cowboy crusades into Muslim countries that now hate us even more for invading. I guess I'm just a liberal peace keeper.

This past weekend was a bit strange. I spent half of it at my parents house in EBF (east bumble fuck if you're wondering) taking care of my crippled mother and helping best friend plan her wedding. Then I came back to ATL on Saturday early evening to go to dinner with Boyfriend. The rest of the weekend was pretty mundane. I'm frantically trying to see/spend time with my friends and family before I get swamped.

This week is going to be a bit hectic. I still need to find out where my Pharmacology book is, get new school supplies, babysit four days this week, learn how not to geek out on two cups of coffee, learn how to wake up before dawn, manage my calendar for the month, go to Athens to see a friend that will be in town, and drink very heavily this weekend. Whew.

I kind of broke down on Sunday over the whole engagement thing with Boyfriend. Up until that point he didn't really know how much I wanted it, other than deflecting a few hints on rings etc. I basically told him how I felt, and that I was angry at myself for wanting such a petty thing. He responded a bit differently by placing the blame on himself and saying he was bad boyfriend. He just basically said that he wanted to take his time, and that he didn't care what other people thought. I guess I do care what people think. It's been a very long, and complicated road to get to where I am right now. I had a tough time within the kayaking community that I belonged to because the gossip train was long, and vast. Anyway, I always cared what people thought of me, and I suppose I do to some extent still.

I'm really going to work on liking myself, regardless of other people's opinions. I also need to forget about being engaged for a good year. I get distracted very easily, so hopefully after my friends wedding is over, I can let the whole marriage notion go for a while. Sigh. I hate waiting, and secrets.

Good news, FIVE MORE DAYS. I'm really excited, and scared. I hung out with Sarah last week to grab some lunch and sell some books back to the school, and she seemed pretty unsure what this program is really going to be like. I have a pretty good idea of what the first quarter will be like, but after that I really have no clue. I can only imagine it's going to get more and more complicated as time goes on.

I was chatting with Boyfriend's mother on Sunday at lunch about future school plans, and she seemed in agreement with what I had mentioned. I do plan on getting a bachelors in either RN or RT, but it really depends on how much I like working in RT. I'm glad that I finally can feel comfortable around his family, and know that they like/support me. I think our common interest in the dinosaur has helped bridge a gap between his mom and me. It's a good thing.

Well the dinosaur is singing me the song that means "Please come get me, I pooped my pants and am tired of waiting in my crib". I shall submit to her wills and fancies.




No comments:

Post a Comment