Thursday, March 25, 2010

beyond tired

Hi Hi.

Day three of four day babysitting week is officially underway. It's kind of weird, because I usually have Thursdays off, and getting up this morning was veerry bery hard. I took a shower which did wake me up some, but this morning I have been constantly yawning and two cups of coffee hasn't fixed the problem. Maybe I'm just behind on sleep, and this morning it's catching up to me.

So I kind of figured out my morning schedule for next week. I have to be at school at 8:15 a.m. It takes about ~35 minutes to drive to school (not taking into account traffic), and another 5 mins or so to park and walk in etc. Ideally, I'd leave an hour before school starts, but I could make it work if I left 45 mins before class starts. So. Here's the deal: I HAVE to be awake by 7 a.m. at the very latest. I have to leave the apartment at 7:30 at the very latest. But, if I need time in the morning to shower & eat breakfast then I will have to be up at 6:30 a.m. ArGh. I think as long as I am in bed around 10 p.m. every night I shouldn't be too tired the next day. I guess I'll just have to experiment with the times and see what happens.

I've decided to go to a psychiatrist soon. I'm not depressed, or suicidal, but I would like to be tested for ADD. I have a severe concentration problem, and am completely disorganized. I've taken some online tests and each one came back saying that there was a very high chance that I have ADD. I've always known that I had a problem as a young adult, but I've functioned fairly well with it for the last few years. However, starting next week this program needs my undivided attention, and if I fall slightly behind because of daydreaming, procrastination, or forgetfulness, I'll be in trouble.

Some people argue that ADD is a serious illness, and it needs to be treated with medicine asap. Some people argue that ADD isn't an illness, and is instead just the person's temperament. I don't think I have any sort of mental illness, so I do somewhat side with the temperament theory. I know being an ENFP puts your head out in to the clouds most days. However, I do think medicine will be beneficial to me, and I'm going to try and see if it works for me personally. We shall see, I'll update on it later.

Anywho. It's time for another installation of : What's on TV (as I'm now calling it)

American Idol: I don't need to do a recap, because that would be boring. Instead, I'll just tell you what I think of all the contestants. Christal Bowersox: She will win, and she's amazing. Even if she is subtly cocky. Big Mike: He will make it to the top five, and I want to give him a big hug. Casey: He needs to be in front of a band, simple as that. Katie: Really sweet girl, but doesn't have "it". Didi: Is only this far along because she's pretty and has a good personality. Sioban: Def will be in top three, and could upset Christal for #1 spot. Tim: is another Sanjaya. Please send this guy home next. The little country boy: He needs to fully commit to country, and no, he will not make it much longer. Alex: He was awesome, and now he sucks. Period. My predictions for the top three are: Big Mike, Sioban, and Christal.

LOST. Oh man. Tuesday's Richard Alpert episode was quite a doozy. I can't believe there were so many freaking answers to the questions I've been pondering for quite some time. However I did have one major beef with the show right now. Richard's episode described the island as being the cork that held hell (or evil, or malevolence) captive in a bottle. Richard think's it's just simply purgatory, but I'm not in agreement with that. I think the whole religion theme was lame, mostly because sci-fi dramas (which Lost is, btw) don't drink the christianity coolaid most of the time. I was hoping that the island was a portal, or some sort of alternate reality that existed somewhere else in space (wormhole etc). Alas, I'll still watch it, and I'll still try and figure it out.

Yawn. Ok, so the dinosaur is now awake, so I'm gonna go rouse her. Too bad it's not nice outside today. I would have loved to kill some time at the park today. Ok. Time to go change a poopy diaper m'friends. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment