Saturday, March 6, 2010

Meow

21 more days until the program is officially underway. I spent most of Friday afternoon re-learning cardio a&p, and hopefully I will be able to get through to pulmo and nephro after I'm done with cardio. I guess my reasoning is that if I review the basic stuff we learned in a&p, then I can focus on the more complex parts for Cardiopulm a&p. I posted this on facebook, and immediately I had a few of the girls in my program commenting on how good I was for reviewing. Honestly, I am not doing it to get ahead of them, I am doing this for my benefit. There's a difference.

Most of the time I'm pretty impartial to the competition in between all of us RT students. If someone asks how I did on a test, I'll tell them, but I won't go skipping down the halls with the test score written on my forehead (like some people I know...). After reading some of the RT student blogs I noticed that most people get annoyed several times over classmates bragging or whatever. My opinion on this is pretty basic: karma. I think my main focus is going to be on clinicals, honestly. I mean, yes, I do need to learn things, and do well on the tests... but stress out over an A vs. a B isn't going to solve any problems. Since the Atlanta RT market is dried up for new grads, I'll be focusing on forming connections and doing everything possible to assure that I'll have a job when I graduate, period.

I looked on simplyhired.com the other day for positions available here in the city, and I was pretty disappointed in what I saw. Most of the positions are requiring at least 2 years of experience. That definitely bummed me out, but there are some other options that I've thought of. I know some people, and more importantly a Hospitalist, in Augusta that could pull some strings and get me a job at MCG's teaching hospital. I'd have a free place to stay while working down there too, so I'd just have to pay for gas for the commute (2 hrs, ick). Anyway, it's a last resort, so I'm just going to have to wait and see what the job market is like here in Atlanta when I graduate next May.

On another note, I went out last night to a pub to hang out with some friends in Decatur. I decided to be conservative and drink only beer, and wow, I learned that yes, you can get a nasty hangover from beer (btw, I don't conform to normal comma grammar because 1. I'm lazy, 2. I think commas are excellent ways to break up sentences and 3. That's how I normally speak). Anyway, Boyfriend is urging me to go out again tonight after we go get some Indian food, but I'm so tired and kind of lethargic. I just don't feel like getting all showered/cleaned up to go out. I like where I'm sitting on the couch. These are my last few weeks of freedom, so maybe I should just rally and get it together. It's looking like Boyfriend isn't giving me much of a choice. I can have all day to lay around tomorrow, plus the Oscars are tomorrow night!!

Le sigh. I guess it's about that time to go put on the makeup and whatnot. I'm sooooooo enthused. I wish you guys could see how excited I am to get off my fluffy couch spot. LAME.

Ah, as a side note, I'm basically recovered from the flu. I still have a cough or whatever, but at least I'm not confined to the bed anymore. AND we bought the tickets for France last week. Very excited about that.

Ok, well it's time to get ready. Lator gators...

No comments:

Post a Comment