Monday, March 29, 2010

the start

Well. Today was uneventful. I woke up at 6 a.m. for the first time, like, ever. I can't even remember the last time I got up while it was still dark out. I will need a solid week of waking up early to get used to it. But, I got jacked up on coffee and that worked fairly well.

I got to school around 7:45, which is 30 mins before my class actually starts. I met Sarah in the parking lot and we walked over to get more coffee and also take a bathroom break (due to excessive coffee intake. Diuretics, sheesh). The classroom was affectionately decorated for the newbies by the about-to-graduate-old-geezer-rt students, and they also kept popping their heads into the classroom to stare/ point and laugh.

Our prof greeted us with about ten thousand forms to fill out. That's all we did. Fill out forms, and go over the schedule/competencies for the classes. We have two instructors plus a few TA's, but we are only going to be taught by one of the professors this quarter because we are newbies. I guess I need to give my teacher a nick name for privacy protection. I'm going to go with a general first impression vibe, and call him Dr. Short, or Shawty for short :) He's pretty laid back, non-weird, intelligent, takes no bull, and has a good sense of humor. I like him already.

I have a long list of things to do/pay for in the coming months, so I'll need to be on my A game to remember them all. Sarah and I decided that our study group will be the same, but we might add another person just to balance it out (me, Cynthia, Sarah, and one more cool person yet to be determined). This quarter won't be too bad considering that we will only meet four days a week from 8:15- 12. I just can't take any more naps :(

I think a few people from the class are already going to start studying today, but I'm still lacking my Pharmacology book (grrrh amazon) so I probably won't start until tomorrow. I might finish reading the first two chapters in Cardiopulm, but that's only if I can wake up and actually concentrate on that. Anywho. I'm off to go find some more coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment