Sunday, November 14, 2010

Lazy Sunday

Sunday should be funday. Instead, it involves me doing homework (or procrastinating on it), washing clothes, cleaning the apartment and trying to convince myself that going to the gym will be fun. I was hoping to go on a hike today, but the weather isn't really cooperating, and it's a bit chilly outside. Not that the cold would stop me, but that wind is shearing and I don't think my pup is quite ready to take on a whole mountain yet (considering that it's 12:30 and he's already passed out at my feet).

So instead of hiking, we are just going to hang out here today. I'm still balking on whether or not to go to the gym. I guess it really doesn't matter one way or another. I'm too busy during the week to work out, and I kind of hibernate in the winter unless I've got someone to go to the gym with. One of the many pitfalls of not being in a relationship anymore.

Sometimes I feel like I'm living my own version of a Wes Anderson movie in my head. Things, places, people, events... all get some weird twist that makes sense only to me. Then I spend time thinking about how weird I really am, or what would people thing if they only knew what I was daydreaming about. It takes a certain kind of personality to understand it. I'm seriously not the traditional southern girl that wears a sundress to a UGA game, eats grits (they are disgusting), goes to church or believes in god, votes conservative, or joins a sorority.

In all reality, I would fit in a whole lot more if I did all of aforementioned things. I'm not sure when I lost my accent, or stopped pretending in Jesus, but I guess it was around 7th grade and I learned about evolution. I went crazy for science, and I still do. I just think a person can lead a just and good life without devoting a life to fictitious a god(s). To each their own, and I just tend to stay removed from that life.

Anyway, just thought I'd write down some thoughts today. Doesn't really pertain to anything interesting.

I'm ready for springtime, stat.

No comments:

Post a Comment