Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Can't sleep...

Ah, so as promised, my thoughts on the new receptors in the lungs...IT ROCKS. It really will open a new door to different bronchodialators and hopefully without all the side effects of the b2 agonists. Of course this will all take several years, but hey, then we get to look forward to a new drug for doctors to abuse!

I did email the research paper to both of my teachers and of course the physiologist was intrigued, and the clinician threw it down on a pile of papers that probably have about an inch of dust on them. Such is life. Whenever someone takes the time to say "hey, this article/research paper/blog post was really interesting and pertinent to our work," I listen, read, absorb, and then put it somewhere that I can reference it later. I've noticed in the hospital that doctors will listen to you waaaaay more if you can cite a specific research paper on the topic up for discussion. Of course, then you have to be prepared for him to throw out some other president that was proven in another journal. That hasn't happened to me yet, mostly because I'm still a little scared of doctors, but perhaps one day I'll put on my big girl pants and bust out a little knowledge.

I know this is kind of a subject change, but I'll just go ahead and throw it out there anyway. I'm going to be doing a little cleaning out of old posts on this blog that will violate hippa laws (I've been pretty good about this so far, but I still need to drudge back and see what I've written about so far), and other posts where the ranting could be grounds for not getting a job. No one likes a complainer. So, anyway, a few of the really cool posts so far might disappear. I know you are sitting at your computer and sobbing like a little baby over this, so buck up, there will be more to come!!

I haven't decided how/when/if I want to remain anon on this blog. I figure if enough people read the blog then the dots will be connected and the cat will be out of the bag. Wow. Do I speak in cliches or what sometimes.

Life in general is just kind of skimming along. I made a few really big changes recently, and one of them is gnawing on my foot right now. FLUFFY PUPPY!! (pictures coming later...)

Class is class, albeit a little bumpy these days. Just the normal drama that comes along with seeing the same people day in and day out. I think having the whole month of December off will do wonders for all of our fuses.

Hmm. Random post? I think so.

Goodnight kids

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting. I just started RT school as well. In my first semester and I'm loving it! It's a challenge but nothing that can bring me down...altough mechanical vent comes next semester

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's honestly not as bad as everyone says it is. Yes, it is a lot of work, but it can be done. Good luck with everything!!

    ReplyDelete