Monday, May 24, 2010

home on the range

K. Everything's alright on the home front. I filled the mental break down quota for a few months. I also took this weekend off of studying, and just relaxed and made some time for myself. I took today off of school, and hopefully the time away from the books will have given me the little bounce back that I'll need at the end of this quarter. So, I just need to convert from relaxation mode to study mode now. Coffee is somewhat helping to fix that gap... just need some will power added into the mix :)

I think I'm going to see a therapist starting this week to help with some stuff. I've been to one before, but only for short periods of time. I'm going to go with boyfriend to help resolve issues, and I'm thinking that it should really help. Most important thing is that we can communicate better with each other. I definitely think that will help with our relationship. I have to work on my self esteem issues too. Fun stuff indeed.


Ok, so now a completely different tangent I need to discuss. Lost finale last night. Sigh. It's really over? That's all I said last night, "oh my gah I can't believe this is the last episode, EVAH". And then everyone told me to shut it. I have to write my rambling thoughts somewhere, so why not here and now? (just go ahead and skip this paragraph if you don't want to know the spoilers or don't care about Lost as much as I do)
1. I really did like the final episode. Some things could have been stronger, but over all, I liked the direction that it took. I'm a sap, and really wanted Jack and Kate to be together forever, and well lookey lookey, they sure did :)
2. I called Jack getting offed and Hurley taking his place. That was cool, Hurley is def a great replacement for Jacob, and it toats makes sense that Ben is the new number two.
3. Kate + Jack on the cliff = omfg I've been waiting for this moment for sooo long!! Yes I love you too Jack!!
4. Sideways time like was TOO good to be true, so it only makes sense that it was imagined. Even if it was imagined, it was still a nice way to put them all together in the end of the show, and the end of their lives.

I think most girls will agree that they liked this finale. No one is ever going to be 100% satisfied with the way that it went down, and here are just two of my major gripes:

1. Major things didn't really get explained, such as the fertility thing, and why Walt was so special. I guess the whole fertility thing was a problem bc the "light of life" was on the island and anyone born from conception on the island was interfering with the light? Who knows.
2. I wasn't screaming and jumping up and down when the mib died. We never found out his name either.

Oh well. All my freaking shows are on summer hiatus now, and I've got to watch The Bachelorette to kill time until fall! I think i will buy the Lost dvd set once it comes out, because at some point I will catch the flu and want to hole up with a good series :)

I guess I'm going to get back into the study mode. The quarter's end is in sight! I'm going to take a mini vacation to San Fran with some friends during my break, and I'm pretty excited about that. Then there's the France/Spain/Amsterdam trip in September. Looks like this year is going to be a good travel year. Adieu kids

No comments:

Post a Comment