Sunday, May 16, 2010

Bunday is for bunburying

If you can catch the two different references in the title of the post I will be your best friend forever. Seriously.

Anyway. It's Sunday is Atlanta, and I'm trying to keep studying for another CP anatomy and physiology test. I'm really going to try and do my best, but if it turns out to be in the form of a B instead of an A, then I won't resort to crying in a corner somewhere, I promise. I really just strive to understand the information that he's teaching us instead of worrying about how he's going to ask the questions. I loathe his multiple choice questions, because they are multiple multiple choices, and I think he could rephrase some of the questions better... Yeah, so there, I'm done with my bitching about his tests. I don't like them, period. At least I have one more AP test, and then the gigantic final that will most likely destroy all self-confidence in myself.

Pharma really isn't that bad. It's just a lot of memorization and keeping things organized in my brain. I have another test on Thursday. Woo freakin hoo.

A semi-friend of mine contacted me on fay boo the other day. She was in my first anatomy and physiology class, and didn't make it through (I think she failed the first time around). Anyway, whether she dropped it or failed it, I have no idea. Granted, she went through a divorce during the class, so I figured she'd recover and be in the program with all of us. From what I could tell she struggled a lot with the other classes, and didn't make it to the program deadline. Ok, so back to the point of the story, she said that she got accepted to GSU's rt program and was asking me about the campus and stuff. I was kind of speechless for a minute, because I figured that the program at gsu was more choosy with the applicants. Who knows, but anyway, she said that she was excited bc she will see us at clinical and stuff. Though, I'm not sure how that's gonna work because she will be graduating a year after us. Perhaps she will start clinicals as we are coming out, Idk. I'll prob end up finishing a bachelors degree at gsu, so maybe I'll see her there.


I'm getting a bit annoyed with my AP book on the P(A-a) gradient. They are giving me examples but the numbers don't match up. I'll ask my professor. So, here's just a few tidbits of wonderful RT knowledge thrown your way: Normal A-a gradient at room air is 7-14mmhg, at 100% o2 it's 50-60mmhg. If the A-a gradient is increase, then shunting is increased :)

Ok, I got my 15 minute break in. I'll update later on the test scores and how my sanity is holding up. Laaaater

Btw, the two references were 1. Bunday= Sunday on cuteoverload.com where they have pictures and videos of cute bunnies. I heart bunnies. 2. Bunburying is a reference to The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde. I love Oscar Wilde. Yep. OK, back to work

No comments:

Post a Comment