Monday, June 28, 2010

First day back

Brutal this morning. Absolutely brutal. I hate adjusting my sleep schedule like that. Argh. I had to get up at about 6am due to the change of residence and also change in when class starts (8am). Dr Grumpy pants was out on the prowl trying to scare the living shit out of us too. Good times. I think I might of passed the preclinical pharmacology test... but who knows. I know I got at least one of the ten questions right. Possibly even a few more... I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

I did get some bitter sweet news today. I got placed at Emory midtown hospital, which was my number one choice site for clinicals. So that's the sweet part, but the bitter part is that it is in Midtown where I used to live, and also about 1hr away from where i live now. So I'll be waking up at 5am on my clinical days this whole summer and fall. Absolutely the most bitter sweet news I've gotten in a long time. I am so proud of myself for getting the placement at Emory, but so upset in how the circumstances won't allow me to fully enjoy it. I am going to go there and bust my ass with a smile on my face. I will do everything, absolutely EVERYTHING that is required of me plus more. I really want to leave a good impression at all my clinical sites. I can always try and get a clinical site that's more proximal to my parents house later.

Well. Since I have such an enthralling and active social life now... I'm going to go watch the bachelorette and throw shit at the tv. Good luck, and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment