Sunday, June 13, 2010

the 5 stages

Sorry kids. This has absolutely nothing to do with respiratory today. I'm on break, and don't have a damn thing to discuss about it.

This, today, is about grief. It is about losing the person that you trust the most, that you love the most, and the person that is your best friend, that also broke up with you over the phone. It is truly about coming to the conclusion that no matter HOW much I love him, and HOW much I want to be with him, I don't have him anymore.

I've cried so much that the tears are now dry ones. I've hurt so much in the last four days that even the distractions won't keep me from thinking about it. My life is about to drastically change, and I hope that I'm a strong enough person to deal with it.

I put on the most magnificent show this past weekend. I was on a stage, and I perfected the art of looking as everything was peachy keen. I could have fooled even the best of the best.

You know, I kind of realize who my true friends are right now. The ones that don't have history with him. The friends that are here to support me in my absolute time of need. Those people deserve a freaking trophy for helping me deal with what I've been through.

Things will improve. At some point. For now, I'm grieving.

No comments:

Post a Comment