Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Double A's

Well. Good news all around. I got A's in both classes, and am very pleased with the results. I really couldn't have asked for anything better. I am now enjoying a lovely orange margarita and watching the lightening strike outside of my parents house. I feel great about the direction I'm going in, and I know that there's always going to be opportunities to learn and expand upon my degree I'm working on.

I'm twenty four going on twenty five. A baby in most people's books. But when I was younger I wasn't always driven. I lacked any idea of what I wanted to do after high school graduation. I now know that I really do belong in medicine. I want to help, in any way I can, and if it means doing 10,000 miscellaneous albuterol treatments just have that 1 where it really does make a difference, then I'll do it. I think it's making me a better person day by day.

My personal life has been in the shit can recently. I thought it was getting better, but I was wrong. I'm going to be in my friends wedding this weekend, and if he doesn't show up as my date then I'll truly know how he feels. I just don't want things to be dramatic, especially because this is my friend's weekend, and she totally deserves all the attention on her. It just sucks, because I wanted to be able to celebrate with boyfriend after my final today and I didn't even get a good luck text from him. I knew going into this year my relationship would be under stress, but I didn't realize I'd feel so alone. Maybe it's just something I should get used to. We still haven't gone to counseling. Maybe it really will help us, I really hope it does.

Anyway. I'm pmsing and feeling like crying after writing that paragraph. Might as well pass out early tonight. So much for celebrating the end of the quarter. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment