Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy 2011 Y'all

I don't think I've uttered that word, Ya'll, in quite some time. I catch it coming out of my lips in times of desperation and I've got to get everyone's attention quick, or because I'm making fun of a southern cliche. Anyway, there's another random little tangent from yours truly.

It's 2011 and I'm on my last day of break before it's back to the grind. I'm going to be cranky pants for the entire week while I try to readjust my sleep schedule back to normal land. I have a feeling it's going to take a lot of coffee and probably a few five hour energy shots. Which, speaking of these five hour energy shots... I've been wondering whether or not they are really bad for you. I haven't ready any journals on health issues associated w/ with drink, and basically it's just a ton of b6 and b12. Anyone have any idea about this stuff?

As I begin my last few classes that I'll be taking for my RT degree, a new set of little respiratory students will start the program. I do feel bad for these little sprites, because the school I attend is moving from quarters to semesters while they are in the middle of the program, and will be having to double up on some classes. Part of the whole reason that I started the blog was so that other potential rt students could get an idea of what the process would be like directly from someone that's in the process of going through it.

The crappy thing for them is that they get Dr. Grumpy Pants right away, and he's not going to play nice with the little ones until we are graduated CRT and RRT. I understand why his focus would be to us, but it's kind of daunting dealing with this teacher when you first are around him. His presence does take up the whole room, and he's very aware of it. It's normal for the sr. students to throw the newbies a lunch and kind of spend some time getting to know them and quieting their fears. Dr. GP also said something about placing a newbie with each sr students as kind of a mentor thing (which I think is awesome!), but I doubt most people in the class would want to do that.

Anyway, I was thinking that I had about 5 more months of school left, but after looking at the dates and stuff, I really only have 4 months of solid school left. I just past second base, and I'm almost to third with the ball no where in sight. Home stretch is getting closer and closer.

I don't really know what graduation holds for me honestly. I can always hope that I'll get a good position somewhere, but there's always the slight chance that someone else will beat me out of a job. That's why as soon as I've graduated I'll be calling RT managers for some interviews. I love having a plan for the future, but there's very little hope of getting things lined up perfectly before graduating. It's the unknown that's a bit frightening. Real life in general is a bit frightening, but it's time for the big girl pants.

I will say that I had a lovely Christmas and New Year, and kept it fairly low key. Nothing epic, but there was fight between me and a bottle of Makers Mark on NYE :) Good thing I'm getting back into the grind of things and won't be able to hang out with Mr. Makers Mark anytime soon. As a friend called it, "No more white girl whiskey wasted for awhile, ok?" haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment