Thursday, January 13, 2011

cabin fever

You know what 6" of snow will do to Georgia? Practically shut down the whole state for a solid week because no one knows how to drive in the snow/ice, and there's like one snow plow in the whole state. I think the mayor of Atl even declared it a national emergency for a few days. I declared it something a little different: a miracle. I caught a cold sometime on Sunday night before this whole snowpocalypse started, and have been making good use of the time off. I'm pretty much back to normal now, but still have a lingering sniffle and cough.

I did venture out to the grocery store on Tuesday, which was pretty hilarious. People scrambling around and acting crazy over the last loaf of bread. The temp is finally starting to rise, so the roads are clearing up. I'm kind of getting a mild case of cabin fever, and will probably need to get out of the house again pretty soon. Dr. GP said we were basically off of school until next Tuesday (b/c Monday is MLK day), but I'm considering going in tomorrow if people are going to be around to try and catch up on some school work. We missed two days of clinical... kind of sucks because I was looking forward to being at the new hospital.

Anyway. I'm missing Atlanta more and more these days. I'm really looking forward to moving back to city life. I know it's going to be a pain to find a place again, and finding a roommate is going to be a nightmare... but I'm look forward to it regardless. I think if I spend a good amount of time looking for the right living arrangement I'll be better off than searching craigslist. I have a friend that might be moving back to the city around the same time, so I reaaaally hope that works out. He wants to live in a house too, so that's good news. A part of me thinks I should work for a year or two, save up some money and live at home, and then spend six months in Europe or elsewhere wandering around. I'm still young enough to be a vagabond, right? I am still working on finding myself. It's going to be a life long process, I think...

No comments:

Post a Comment