Tuesday, February 23, 2010

tweedle dee...

That's right folks... It's another Tuesday morning, and dinosaur is down for her morning nap. I have approximately 30 more minutes before she starts raaaarhing (yes I made that word up, but it's seriously what she sounds like).

Yawn. I could have SWORN I got 9 hours of sleep last night, and yet I'm still tired (even after a cup of coffee). I just don't know what to do, other than hope that when the next quarter starts I'll have figured it out. Which reminds me... 34 more days until that madness starts.

I came to a very nice conclusion this weekend. I have about a month left until my life changes drastically for about a year. Once I start my classes on March 29th, I will no longer have much free time. No more sleeping in during the week, and definitely no more drinking to excess on the week days. My conclusion is this... I do have one month left, so why not go crazy and have a fabulous time partying with friends while I still can. This past weekend was what it was all about. Oysterfest is deadly to my hepatocytes, but I survived!!

Well, and update on the whole student loans shit. I am not getting my stafford loans for this quarter due to misinformation from the financial aid office. They specifically told me that I would still get aid while taking 2 online classes this quarter, and they were WRONG. So now, I have a 2,500$ shortfall in my budget for this year, and I had a small freak out on one nice lady in financial aid. It sucks really bad, but I think I'll be ok. I might have to borrow some monies from my parents for testing material and health insurance, but the money I've saved up from babysitting is going to cover tuition/living expenses (hopefully) for the next two months. Le sigh.

I am kind of debating whether I want to continue on with getting stafford loans w/ the school. My other option is to take out a loan with my parents. There are pros and cons to both choices, but in the end it might be a smarter choice to go with my parents because they won't charge me interest on the money. Of course it still has it's drawbacks, mainly that my mom could use the loan as leverage against me for any reason (which I doubt that she would do, but you never know when you are dealing with Crackheadcrazypants). Anywho. I still have to figure out the mess that stupid financial aid brought upon me. Laaame.

Dinosaur is awake, and singing in her room. I think I'll just let her hang out for a while in her cage, I mean crib.

The boyfriend mentioned the big E word again on Friday night. I was a lot tipsy, and he was a lot drunk... which is why he doesn't remember the conversation and I do. He spoke about how he wanted the engagement to be special, and not to fret, that eventually it will happen. tee hee hee, silly boy. The thing about all of this is that I just wanted confirmation that it was going to happen eventually, and I needed a general time frame. I had a talk with him about that about a month ago. It's been brought up since then due to friends/parents/acquaintances ruffling my feathers by asking when it's going to happen. He thinks that I'm stressing out that it hasn't happened, and to some extent I was before (when I had no idea when he was going to do it etc. etc.). Now that I know it's going to happen sometime around May of next year, my mind is at rest about it, BUT when he keeps bringing it up it makes me antsy and keeps it on my mind longer. The whole saying of "out of sight, out of mind," well the same goes for "out of conversation, out of mind."

Since I'm already breaching the topic on this blog, I'll speak about one slight issue in regards to the engagement ring. To me, the engagement ring should be a knock out. I do have specifics as well. Here's my ideal ring: An emerald cut solitaire of at least one carat (my fingers are pudgy and awkward, even though I'm not fat in the slightest), so I need a larger diamond especially since it won't have any side diamonds to back it up. I want the engagement band to be a pretty antique scroll or filigree, but still be a fairly thin band (I don't like bulk on rings). The thing about emerald cut diamonds is that they cannot have a lot of inclusions, because of the way that the diamond is cut (it's easier to see, and therefore needs to be a lot more clean than say a round cut diamond). Anyway. The ring that I just described runs about 7-8k easily, and probably even more than that because boyfriends said he would only considered getting a diamond that is COMPLETELY conflict free (and not just by the Kimberly process). I found a nice website called brilliantearth.com, that certifies each diamond and most of their diamonds come from Canada. But this process also makes the diamond more expensive. I just don't know how boyfriend will handle hearing that I want that sort of ring. I know I shouldn't care about the specifics of the ring, and the engagement is more meaningful than the ring itself, but dammit, I want a nice heirloom ring to give to my offspring one day. Anyway, I should probably just give up this one desire and be happy that I get to marry one very lovely man.


Ok, Dinosaur is in full commotion now, so I must go fetch her. I'll write again probably tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment