Tuesday, February 16, 2010

It's Tuuuesday

Hellooooooo

I went crazy in a fit of boredom and added a new template to the blog to make it more pretty. I just noticed a lot of other 'novice' bloggers with the same color scheme, so I spent somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 hours looking for the background I liked, and then another hour figuring out how to unzip the file so it would upload appropriately. Man, sometimes I really get a reality check with computers. I'm decent, for the most part, with technology as long as I sit down and spend some time learning the in's and out's of the machines. Hopefully I'll be proficient enough to handle the ventilators when that time comes.


So. Since I still have 41 more days until the program starts, I will continue to talk about various personal dalliances, and tv shows that have been taking up my time.

First off, my student loans. I guess it does somewhat have to do with school, so I'll start there. Yesterday my school was supposed to put my stafford loans on my debit card that was provided by the government to disperse my loans. Normally, I forget when they put the money on, and I'll realize a week after it's done that I just got 2,500$ to spend on classes. But this time, I need the money fairly soon. I need to buy my plane ticket to France within the next week, so that I can balance my budget for the first quarter in the program. That's basically it, I'm just mad at the school for delaying my stafford loans.

I was sick last week due to the dinosaur and her little cold. It wasn't terribly awful like the last cold I had, but it did fuck up some plans this past weekend. I'm always a little whiney when I get a cold and prefer to suffer in the comfort of my own bed. Anywho. It was an ok weekend, which also included about 4 inches of snow in Atlanta. Crazy eh?

On a regular basis I watch: LOST, American Idol, The Bachelor, Greek, Project Runway (but I think I'm going to discontinue this one), Community, Survivor, Anthony Bourdain, and currently the winter olympics.Ok, so I'll go down the list and give a run through of what I think about each show. I know this is kind of lame, but I thinking about the shows even though they are all smoke and mirrors.

Currently Lost makes me want to cry every time I see it. I could spend about 4 hours discussing the theories and questions answered with questions, but today i'll just keep it brief. There are two things about this last season that have me scratching my head. First, the split realities. Ok, that's cool and all... they are using the parallel-universe-time-travel-theory but then you remember that Jack and all the others still think that anything they do now (in the past) can change the future of the island. It's just a mess, really. A very expensive, creative, dramatic, and sexy show though. It's sci-fiesque, so I'll let it off the hook. The second thing that's got me questioning is the locke-smokey-facade thing. I REALLY hope that gets explained by the end. That's all I will say about that.

American Idol is getting older, and more boring. It's still better than watching the nightly local news, but only by a few hairs. I'm so far not impressed with Ellen's judging style (even though she is funny), and I miss Paula's generally positive feedback to the contestants. I don't really like Kara too much; she just tries a little to hard. None of the contestants are really stand out omg they are going to win yet, but it's all staged anyway.

Sigh. The Bachelor. I love to hate that show. My sentimental romantic side really does want to like this show, but the cliche invested verbiage that spews out of all the contestants mouths make me want to gag. The only people to ever really get married on that show were Trista and Ryan, and it's hard to top those guys. Anyway, Jake cut out Gia last night. Both boyfriend and I called that one. He was just not as into her as Tenley and Vienna. What's up with those weird names anyway? Ok, so the obvious choice for a wife goes to Tenley... but Vienna is all playful and highly sexual. I really think that it could go to either on of them, even though in the end it won't work anyway. Hehehe. 2 weeks until the finale.

I'll skip Greek and Project Runway since I'll probably drop watching those shows soon.

Survivor is doing another past cast reunions with a different twist (yeah right), called Heros v. Villains. Lets put all the fame whores back on the island for another go around and see who can play the most mind games and blindsides. I personally think Russell should have won last season, but he's back for another attempt regardless. I want to see Amanda FINALLY succeed, but she's soo... I don't know, bland? She hardly ever plays really dirty. Coach is back, BLEh. Anyway, enough rambling about that.

Anthony Bourdain has lost all of my interest. He's just a boring old man that used to be fun, crazy, and full of witty comments. Now he is close to being lumped in with Samantha Brown's pathetic travel show. Come on Tony, step it up. The Hudson River Valley is NOT exciting, and neither is inviting Bill Murray for a dinner guest. It just dates you horribly.

Ahhh, the Winter Olympics. Sigh again. I know all I'm doing is griping about tv right now, but that's what blogs are for right? I love watching the summer olympics, but honestly the only real thing I care about in the winter olympics is ice skating, and come to find out on the news it's probably fixed anyway. Lame. Vancouver has been doing a shiiiiitty job with the olympics and i'll leave it at that. I'll still watch it though...

Poor dinosaur, she's really scared of the leaf blower right now. I'm gonna go pick her up so she will stop being scared. Leaf blowers are scary to a 15 month old.

OOOk. Au Revoir for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment