Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Babies

Hi. It's Tuesday morning, and that means coffee and toddler time. I really like watching the boy's niece (dinosaur). Sometimes she really is a handful (especially when her teeth are erupting), but then she does something really cute, and all is forgiven. When I was younger I never questioned whether or not I would have kids; it was just assumed that I would. Now I'm 24 years old, and have experienced my fair share of crazy babies, and seen the effects that they have on their poor parents, I'm really not sure whether I want to have kids or not.

The thing is that I live in the city with the boyfriend, and we aren't planning on moving out of the city, like, ever. Which means that we will eventually have to buy an over-priced house in a neighborhood that might not have the best inner city schools, thus making private school the only option. Add all that up and you're looking at a ridiculous price tag. It's not just the money, but it's the loss of free time that I'll probably mourn the most. I love sleeping, and waking up at 3 a.m. and then 5 a.m. doesn't sound like much fun. I know that it only lasts for 4-6 months, but still.

I love boyfriend very much, but he's not been around kids at all. Every time he's around the dinosaur niece he just stares at her, with a half smile that seems forced because he doesn't know what to do or say to her. I know it would be different if it was our child, but it if ever does happen, it's gonna be a wake up call. I have plenty of time to make up my mind. I'll probably be about 30-32 years old when it happens, and hopefully not any sooner :)

Ok, so change of subjects.... I get to register for my first 2 classes in the RT program next week. I'll be taking Pharmacology and Cardiopulm A&P. I want to go ahead a buy my books for the quarter, but I'm not sure what editions we are using. I will just have to wait. I still haven't heard if Cynthia got into the program, but I should hope that she finds out sooner rather than later.

Yesterday I spent a good amount of time just researching allied health jobs and messing around on the colleges websites. I'm really interested in getting my B.S. for RT after I graduate and start working. There are a few schools here in Georgia that do the bridge for A.S. to B.S., and some of them are even online. I know a lot of people say that I don't need a Bachelors to be an RT, and that they make the same amount of money etc. etc. I would just like to have the option of going to grad school if I want to, or maybe even move up in management with RT.

There's another option I've been considering. I've always had a thing for both the heart and lungs working together. The system is just ridiculously complex and so interesting. I would definitely consider going to perfusion school, but there are only about 21 schools, and none of them are in Georgia. The closest one to me is in Charleston. We shall see. I might want a good challenge later on in life.

I cannot believe that the dinosaur is still asleep. There are construction guys banging away at a new fence in the backyard and she's not phased at all. Sleeping right through it. Niiice.

Anyway. I'm going to pull out a book and catch up on my reading. I'll write more when there are actually things going on in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment