Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Rainy day ramblings

Another day closer, but not quite there. It seems like spring and the program can't get here fast enough. I do think it's slightly absurd that I have a 6 month break in between finishing my pre-req's and starting the Respiratory Therapy program. I can moan and complain all I want, but I know in two months I'll be wishing I was bored like I am right now. The sooner the program starts, the sooner I can graduate and start working.

Today is just a wet, cold, miserable day here in Atlanta. Not cold enough for snow, but not warm enough to enjoy outside. The grey I see outside right now reminds me that not everything in my life is always going to be rosy, and happy. It's ok. I'm just bored, really.

This past weekend was very relaxing for 2/3 of it. Friday and Saturday I spent with my lovelyface cousin that I can kick back with, and Sunday was filled with the future IL's birthday-party-McCrazypants-drinking-too-much-wine-and-talking-extremely-too-loudness. Granted, I'm usually in better spirits at the Bacchus events, but on Sunday I was super tired from waking up at 7:30 a.m. so I could make it back to Atlanta in time to be at said event. I found solace in hanging out with the dinosaur because she wasn't arguing over what's more important: money or happiness.

I don't want to speak ill of boy's family, but there are a lot of differences between our families. The differences are neutral for the most part. I just grew up in a family where everyone was comfortably close, and the only time we got hammered was a the traditional tequila parties that no longer take place.(A side note on drinking for me: I like to drink, but in moderation. I try not to use alcohol as an escape, but rather as something to enjoy in social settings and when I need to unwind a bit from the day. My family shares this sentiment, so getting plastered at Christmas is kind of a no-no). No one argues at my family gatherings, and the topic of conversations always stay in the polite/non controversial areas to avoid any feelings getting hurt. That's not the case with boy's family. I know they operate differently, so I am getting more used to it. They do ask more probing questions that can make me uncomfortable, and raised voices at the dinner table, I learned, does not mean that they are angry at me. Anyway, it's a work in progress.

Just as a side note, I absolutely adore the boy's sister and brother in law. Their creation, the dinosaur, is a constant source of happiness for me. They are the cornerstones that holds the family together, and I'm grateful for all that they do.

Today I went to google to do a search on Aspire to Respire. My blog did come up on the first page, but it was basically at the bottom. That's ok, because right now this blog is mainly just personal stuff. I think there are about 3 or 4 people that read it right now, and all of them are friends of mine. I'm not going to link my blogs to other RT blogs until I'm more involved with the program and clinicals. I'll probably edit out some of the longer, more abstract personal blog entries when I do that. I'd like to keep this blog anonymous, and a few of the things I've written have the potential of letting the cat out of the bag. Anyway, that'll happen down the road.

Tomorrow I'll be registering for classes :)

But today I'm still stuck in a world of grey. It's supposed to rain for the rest of the day. I do have the option of going out tonight for an acquaintance's birthday, but that interferes with Ellen's debut on AI, and new episode of Lost. I do have to watch the dinosaur again tomorrow, so staying up late isn't really an option for me.

Anyway. dinosaur is awake and growling for some attention. Later Gators :)

No comments:

Post a Comment