Sunday, July 11, 2010

Bright spot

There's a bright spot on the horizon. I see it, I feel it, and I want to be near it. The warmth that is radiating is amazing. I know I said I was no longer going to speak of personal things on this blog- well I've decided against that. I have too much to say, and there's only so much I can write in my personal journal.

I closed the ex's book last week. I don't need to talk/see him for closure. I read the book cover to cover, analyzed it, and then made a very concrete decision that the book just wasn't that great. Some parts were, but the over all story arc lacked cohesiveness and a fairy tale ending (and lets face it, everyone wants a fairy tale ending). It was too hyped up, and just had no substance. I'm glad I don't have to read it again if I don't want to.

Sooo. Went on a date this weekend in Atlanta. I won't go into the details, but there were sparks. Serious, serious sparks. Perhaps even the potential of fireworks in the future. Weee shall see. I'm going to see him again on Wednesday. It's amazing that just meeting someone else that you're interested in can make you realize how much you were missing out on. I missed out on a lot by not meeting this guy sooner...

Anyway. Respiratory. Fun stuff indeed. Clinical starts in less than a month, and I'm excited. I hope to move back towards the city after I finish a rotation in a hospital close to my 'rents house. So, around March of next year.

Here are just a few things that he gets points in my book for: He's smart, funny (and understands my humor too), good lookin, loves animals, vegetarian (which I have been for the last month), loves the same outdoor activities as I do, has good friends, again LOVES animals, and seems to be in the right state of mind for a relationship. We shall see indeed....

Ah. well, the benadryl and wine is hitting me. I'm about to be out like a light. I'll post soon, esp if things are developing as I hope...

Adieu--

No comments:

Post a Comment