Thursday, September 10, 2009

Done for six months

Celebration ensues....

Well I'm finally done with my prerequisites for the Respiratory program at my school. I finished up A&P 2 and Microbiology with the exact same grade (two B's). I wish that I had taken these classes separately, because I know that I could have done a lot better if I had the time to focus on just one. Anyway, it's over and done with and I'll be applying to the program this very afternoon. I guess I should hear back from the program director within a few weeks.

So. What am I doing in the mean time?

I am planning to move in three days, and have absolutely no motivation to pack this place up at all. I know that eventually I will get to it today, but I'm being really lazy and reading a whole lot of news articles on Obama's speech last night (By the way I thought he did an excellent job. Shame on you Rep. Wilson). I have a whole sheet of paper with a list of ten million things to do, and I keep telling myself that I will do it when I finish my coffee... I'm on my second cup now. Heh.

So I have about six months before the program starts. Half a year. I seriously wish that I could start sooner, but lamenting over this will do me no good. I do have a few plans, and hopefully it will keep my sanity together.

1. I'll still be taking classes at school to keep me full time (and keep my financial aid going). So far this next quarter I'll be taking a few courses on computers, and speech.

2. I am committed to getting my lazy ass back in the gym. I don't really care about losing weight, but being able to climb a few stairs without passing out is a good thing.

3. French classes at the local Alliance Francaise. I made a promise a while ago that I would learn French, and it's about time that I take some steps to make good on that promise. The main thing is focusing on spoken French, because I'm over taking French 1101's in college that just detail grammar and vocabulary. I need to learn to get over my fears of speaking French.

4. Read some really good books, and take advantage of the new residence's pool while I can.

I'm sure there will be some additions to that list, but for the time being it sounds good to me.


Ok. Coffee is done. I will resume my duties as the packing minion immediately.

Adieu

No comments:

Post a Comment