Sunday, December 19, 2010

Home

I took a very long nap today in the same bed that I slept in most of my life. I've been living back at my parents home for over six months now, but it still doesn't quite feel right. It's comfortable in the sense that I am somewhere that's familiar and warm, but it's been hard readjusting to the reality of living with my parents again. I am not used to having to tell someone where I am most of the time.
I'm glad I'm here for the holidays, and get to spend time with them, but I'm looking forward to being out on my own again. I know that I could save a lot of money if I would continue to live with them after graduation in May, but I just can't see myself being happy living in a basement for another year. I don't like spiders that much.

I'll be the first to admit when I make mistakes these days. Getting a puppy, and a very energetic one at that, during school was a mistake. He's absolutely wonderful and very sweet, but I can't say that I will be able to give him everything in the coming months. I'm considering putting him up for adoption, but I want to talk to my parents first and see what they think. It's ultimately up to me.

I met a boy. Don't need to go into the details of it, but it's a good fit for now. I'm trying to keep myself level headed about it, and not impose any sort of goals for the relationship. I'm just going to let it be, and enjoy it for now. Boooyaaaa!

No comments:

Post a Comment