Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Argh X3

It's two a.m. and I'm attempting to train myself to stay up late. I have been working mostly day shifts so far, but this week I'm on evenings, AND next week I have some lovely night shifts to fill in for a coworker. I haven't picked up any nights before... so this is going to be interesting. I think it's just going to require lots of redbull and dancing around in the ICU when no one is looking.

I had a really busy day at work today. I dealt with one HORRIBLE attending during a code. It was my first time meeting the "thorn". Thorn is one of those attendings that barks orders and is constantly trying to pin the blame on someone else. I survived only on the premise that I smiled and played nice when confronted. It's just easier to play into the ego, than to buck up against it.

Another life changing moment just happened yesterday. I've been having a lot of those in the last year and a half. I had no idea that the mid-twenties would be so volatile. I suppose it has something to do with finding out who I truly am. I still have a ton of adventures to take on. I still feel some residual pressure from family/friends/society to get aboard that marriage train. I was standing at the platform just recently, and you know what, I decided to walk alone to the destination for now. I'm glad I didn't catch the train before I was really ready to take that trip. You know me, looooove those metaphors.

Bed time. Good night respiratory.

No comments:

Post a Comment