Monday, April 25, 2011

pooped

The patient pooped the bed, and the student is all pooped out.

It's strange how my opinion of bodily fluids has changed after working in health care for close to a year. I'm immune I suppose. Except for very pungent smells... I still get a little nauseous with that.

I have three weeks left at clinical, and just under a month left in the program. I've basically already hit rock bottom a few times this past year, so I'm keeping my chin up even after a series of set backs. If I don't get a job within a few months of graduating I am seriously considering going mia in europe for a month. I'm thinking of hiking a really really long trail in Spain, but that's still conditional on this whole job market. Right now it pretty much sucks. I just hope that some positions open up very soon.

I don't really know what else to say for now. My brain is unfortunately not functioning at capacity. I have two more days of work this week and then I'm out of the MICU. I'm going to go hang out with some babies for the remainder of the program and learn a thing or two, hopefully.

I do wish I could write a more upbeat post, but I have nothing right now. I'm just trying to run the clock down right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment