Tuesday, March 15, 2011

supply closets, a-lines and being annoying

Yesterday wasn't insanely crazy, but I had an amazing day at clinical. I was fairly busy with small tasks that kept piling up, but I made it through the day.

First off on my little rants tonight. Supply closets. They suck when you are a student. I've learned that it doesn't really improve much after you get hired either. I probably spent about a good hour yesterday rooting around through various closets looking for an HME, flex tubing, and an abg kit. I finally gave up after the other therapist and I couldn't find the flex tube at all. I guess it's just one of those things I'm going to have to get used to, and also spend time making mental notes of where things are located.

I got to put in an a-line yesterday. Of course I had help, but once we got it I was so ecstatic. Boom goes the dynamite. I'm really hoping I get the opportunity to do it again soon.

And the last little bit of rambling goes to the haters. I'm sorry if you are old, jaded, and have kids and can't go back to school. But you know what? I'm making the best of my life right now when I'm young and free, and if you want to laugh, roll your eyes and scoff at my dreams to further my education (PA school or whatever I choose) then that is your choice to be negative. Making fun of someone because they want to further their education and aspire to be something more than mundane is a choice, and it's just one that I haven't made.

Maybe I am annoying to some. I can't be buddies with everyone. I do what I think is right, and keep my head up because in the end it's my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment