Monday, January 25, 2010

Elephant

I like that the word Elephant is spelled the same in English and French, with the exception of the accents.

I like that it finally stopped raining.

I like Betty and Veronica, but Betty more.

I like to read David Sedaris's essays.

I like the smell of my boyfriends new cologne.

I like having cold feet, and then warming them up with socks.

I like simple, classic sweater sets from Banana Republic.

I like having a cold so I can take a break from the world sometimes.

I like calling my mom crackhead crazy pants.

I like reading books in one day.

I like listening to Damien Rice when I'm a bit out of sorts.

I like jasmine oolong tea.

I like learning about evolution and anthropology.

I like watching the people in Starbucks watch other people, and catching them in the act.

I like Porsche 911 cabriolets.

I like the idea of running 4 miles a day.

I like the smell of gasoline.

I like my boyfriends constant five o'clock shadow.



Today was just a lazy Monday. I like Mondays these days because I don't really have anything specific to do. I can wake up late, and I don't have any school assignments due today. I went to The Bodies exhibit with my friend Sarah today, and got some new running shoes. I still have this weird snobbery with running shoes; I won't buy any other brand than New Balance or Nike. Weird, but those shoes are the only ones that work for me (and the only ones I would allow my mom to get me). I was counting on spending 70$ for some new running shoes to get me motivated for a 5k race in a few months. Technically speaking, a 5k does not require much training, but considering I haven't ran in about 4 months I might need to brush up a bit on it.

When I was competing for kayaking, I always had to cross-train with running and swimming in the winter. I wasn't particularly good at either, but I especially hated running. I guess it didn't help that we had to run up mountains and swim in ice cold water. Eeek. I really do need to go running down in the park today. I have this gigantic park at my disposal, and for some reason I just never go. I guess it doesn't help that it's pretty chilly outside, but there are gale force winds outside as well. I must suffer. I MUST.

63 more days until the program starts. I know I sound impatient right now, but when the program actually does start, I'm sure I'll be griping about how busy I am and how much studying I need to do. Anywho, see you kids later.

No comments:

Post a Comment