Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Closer. Really.

It's basically impossible for me to sleep right now. The fire trucks in this city have been circling the block for at least 30 minutes now. They are on their fourteenth lap, and I'm starting to wonder why this is. The city is pretty silent, with the exception being loud, blaring sirens every five minutes or so. I lost my ear plugs :(

Today was a good day. I woke up earlier than I have been, and got out to run some errands. I did get raped by my schools bookstore, but it's my fault because I just didn't order my books online. I'm disappointed in the fact that I have to pay for costly books for classes that I don't even need. I'm still playing that waiting game; around two more months to go.

I've started a trial few weeks without drinking coffee, and the data that I've collected leads me to believe I am a much more productive person when I drink coffee. Over the christmas break I watched two seasons of Lost, read 3 books, slept in 20 times, and watched countless other movies on netflix streaming. I did drink a lot of jasmine tea, but it just doesn't have enough caffeine in it. I think tomorrow morning will involve a dark roast from Columbia.

So I'm pretty excited about this year. I caught myself writing 2009 on a piece of paper today, and then I remembered that it's the new year. 2010. You know, I never really knew what I'd be doing right now. I guess the only memory I have of that is riding on the bus in 8th grade looking out the window thinking, "I wonder what I'll be doing when 2010 rolls around". Well, here it is, and finally the firetrucks have stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment